A very happy Thursday to all of you!
Novel Idea here and I cannot tell you how happy I am to be writing this post.
I will, however, attempt to demonstrate with the following picture.
Corvus and I are both in this state. To quote him, “There aren’t enough yesses in the whole world” to express our joy at this day.
That’s right folks. It’s happened.
At long, long last, the final revisions to the Fallout: Equestria (The Manehattan Edition) Audiobook are complete.
Here’s a list of the changes we’ve made in this version:
- Repeated Lines Removed: 7 (Chapters 8, 24, 15, 21, 33, 38 & Epilogue)
- Flubbed Lines Removed: 6 (Chapters 22, 25, 39, 40, 42, 2 in 44)
- Removed “Footnote: Maximum Level” from Chapter 37 & remastered Chapter 37
- Re-recorded & remastered Manehattan Edition Opening and Finale, now set to the instrumental version of “This Coming Storm” by Corvus Productions. These were designed in the style of Audible audiobooks complete with the “The Manehattan Project hopes you’ve enjoyed this broadcast” at the end. 😉
- Added full vocal version of “This Coming Storm” to the end of the Epilogue, as was originally written into the novel.
- Completely revised Cover Art by Novel Idea & Blue Nova, using the Steel Ranger from Gardens of Equestria’s new Steel Ranger Recruitment poster. This will also make it easy to differentiate versions of the audiobook with the new dark background.
- M4B version is now in 10 7-hour parts instead of 8 8-hour parts to allow for faster downloading and easier control.
- M4B & MP3 Audiobook Chapter Titles now show properly when using iTunes or the iOS iBooks Audiobook App for iPhone and iPad.
- MP3 version is now preconfigured to be set as an Audiobook with correct metadata (description, date, narrator, other details) and updated album art.
- Both the MP3 Version and the M4B version are mirrored now on MediaFire and Google Drive.
I even found a repeated line I missed at around 1 AM this morning, so I dove into the file and cut it out and rebuilt all the archives just so you folks have the best possible experience.
Is this over the top? Probably. It is OCD? Definitely. But as I’ve said before, I’ve come to live by my own personal adage, “If you’re going to do something, do it right and do it with style.”
I’ve even tested the audiobook thoroughly in both the Audible App and the iBooks App on the iPhone. I tried to find a way to get chapter titles to show up properly in Audible, but just wasn’t happening. I did have a friend do some QA using the Smart Audiobook Player and found that chapters work just fine in there.
By the way, if anyone has a favorite audiobook player that we don’t have listened on our Audiobook page, please speak up!
I’m going to leave the specific details about the correct way to update your version of the audiobook (if you have one of our older versions) on our Audiobook Page here. So if you’re interested in downloading our new version, head on over right now!
As for GoE news, we actually have a new member of our Technical Team, but I want to give that person their own introduction post, so I’m going to wait to introduce him until next week.
In addition, since I’m having to upload 22 different files, which is essentially 32GB of data to online servers for you folks, we’re not going to start the YouTube updates until next week. This will give me the time I need to get the movies slammed together and ready to go.
Now, to be honest, if I find something more, I will update the book, but we have no intention of doing another full version again. This is it folks. The penultimate and definitive unabridged audiobook of Fallout: Equestria!
We hope you find it worth the wait. 😀
Until next week, have fun and stay safe out there!