What is this madness? A Manehattan Project post on a SATURDAY?! Has the world gone nuts?! It’s a sign o’ the apocalypse, I tells ya. Run fer ya life!
Or you could stick around for something fun.
So, as a little side project that I may have mentioned in Thursday’s post, I decided a while back to create a full eBook version of Fallout: Equestria Project Horizons for my own use. I couldn’t read it in Google Docs due to the same injury which ended up resulting in me listening to Fallout: Equestria in the first place (and starting all this madness). Well, back then, the book was only complete to Chapter 73 or 74. I don’t remember quite which one.
Well, I realized that no one had ever done a complete version of the ebook and decided that needed to be rectified.
So I’m happy to present (with Somber’s blessing, I might add), Fallout: Equestria Project Horizons (Immersive Edition).
Yeah, I know, I have a thing for creating special editions of Fallout books. Sush.
But this one’s special. Because a lot of fine tuning went into this (yup, the adage, “Do it right, do it with style” is still in effect).
So here’s a list of the changes:
- For better story flow, all author and editor notes have been moved to their own section under Appendices.
- Links to YouTube songs have been verified and cleaned and should operate effectively.
- Minor edits were also made to the formatting of the chapter quotes, footnotes and content warnings for consistency.
- Content warnings are now verified links that will skip the relevant section to the next “safe” point.
- Most section, memory orb and other styles of intra-chapter breaks have been cleaned and fixed to allow for a consistent reading experience. Note: This may add additional spacing in places depending on your reading device.
- New vertical cover design. Original Cover Art by Sw1tchbl4de, Fallout: Equestria Project Horizons Logo by ArtisticMink. Modified and adapted by Novel Idea.
- Combined Chapter 62 Parts 1 & 2. (Left Chapter 75 as two separate parts)
- Custom Table of Contents.
Please note that this is not a spelling, grammar or content edit. This is a format edit only. There also may be a few odd intra-chapter breaks that got missed. I literally skimmed the entire book to do this.
It took a lot of work, including actually digging into the XML that eBooks are built from (Scrivener was awesome for the compilation, but it couldn’t do links or the fine-tuning I wanted). Yeah, I had to get that specific, especially to get the consistent intra-chapter breaks.
Okay folks, enough yappin’. You want a giant 1.5 million word monster of a book? You got it!
Enjoy folks! Just as a little present to add a bit more Fallout to your life. 😉
Until next Thursday, have fun and stay safe out there!
Addition: A few folks have requested a PDF version of the file. Not sure why, because the ePub is a lot smaller and easier to work with. I used a simple online conversion program to do it and I’ve noticed there’s a few errors, but the links for the Table of Contents and the Content Warnings work. If you want that version, you can find it here.