Last night, there were sounds of explosions and minigun fire in the hills to the northwest of Goodsprings. Residents of the quiet town reported seeing something like a Steel Ranger slowly plodding through the foothills to the south. None of them have dared to investigate… but something definitely happened.
Discover the truth in the hills of Goodsprings and uncover the beginnings of something much greater in this special preview and companion mod to the story-driven experience “Gardens of Equestria: This Coming Storm!”
Download & Status
Current Patch: 3.0.2
Version 3.0 Update
- For the launch of Gardens of Equestria: This Coming Storm, Smuggler’s Run has been completely overhauled with most of the original weapons and armor removed from the mod.
- Smuggler’s Run was always intended to be a preview of what we had in store for Gardens of Equestria: This Coming Storm, never to be the complete experience.
- If you have previous version of Smuggler’s Run, updating will remove most (but not all) of the special equipment available in the Forward Safehouse.
- These weapons and armors will be available during the course of the Gardens of Equestria: This Coming Storm storyline and will be released in a future chapter.
- The Version 3.0 Update is intended to allow you to fully enjoy the Gardens of Equestria experience.
- A hidden safehouse deep in the hills outside Goodsprings holds many secrets and few answers.
- Find a way into the depths of the safehouse and discover a virtual treasure trove for those skilled enough to get to it.
- The distortions in reality have already started. Nuka-Cola has become Sparkle-Cola and Sunset Sarsaparilla has become Sunset Shimmer Sarsaparilla! And the changes aren’t limited to just the Safehouse….
- Many other items have changed as well, but you’ll have to discover the extent of the changes yourself. Who knows how far they have spread?
- Custom music by Corvus Productions made for Smuggler’s Run.
- New radio station “Visionary Broadcast” so you can listen to the Smuggler’s Run theme whenever you’d like!
- A legitimate copy of Fallout: New Vegas.
- Note: While Gardens of Equestria: This Coming Storm will require “Old World Blues,” Smuggler’s Run does not.
- If you’ve installed any version of Smuggler’s Run from before Version 2.0, make sure to fully uninstall the mod before continuing.
- Download through the Nexus Mod Manager and install as normal.
- Otherwise, extract the contents of GoE Smuggler’s Run into the Fallout New Vegas\Data\ directory.
- Make sure to turn on Archive Invalidation. If you already have it on, use FOMM or NMM to turn it off and on again so the proper textures and meshes will work.
- Some mods, such as Weapon Mods Expanded, may cause texture losses if the custom weapons are modded. Only vanilla mods are supported for the custom weaponry.
- This mod was designed specifically to work alongside Gardens of Equestria: This Coming Storm.
- Project Lead: Novel Idea
- Technical Director: Red Kat
- Musical Director: Corvus Productions
- QA by Novel Idea & Red Kat
- Internal Artwork by Blue Nova and FancyCat
Art & Models Credits
- Mane 6 Power Armor Custom Weaponry originally designed by “Is This Display Name Taken?”
- Mane 6 Armor & Weapons Adapted for GoE by Novel Idea
- Mane 6 weapon modded variant textures & meshes by Novel Idea
- Ministry of Peace First Aid Kit, Applejack Daniels, Wild Pegasus Whiskey, Mint-als, Sparkle-Cola Designs, & Milk Bottle by Herpest of the Derp
- Sunset Shimmer Sarsaparilla designs (Vending Machine, Crates, Bottles & Bottlecaps) by Novel Idea.
- Sunset Shimmer Cutie Mark by MillennialDan
- Sunset Sarsaprilla, Rarity Sierra Madre, Science Degree, Giddyup Applejack, Badge Poster by Pixelkitties (Adjustments by Novel Idea)
- Equestrian Flag by Blue Nova