Last night, there were sounds of explosions and minigun fire in the hills to the northwest of Goodsprings. Residents of the quiet town reported seeing something like a Steel Ranger slowly plodding through the foothills to the south. None of them have dared to investigate...but something definitely happened.
Discover the truth in the hills of Goodsprings and uncover the beginnings of something much greater in this special preview of the upcoming story-driven experience “Gardens of Equestria: This Coming Storm!”
Download & Status
- A hidden safehouse deep in the hills outside Goodsprings holds many secrets and few answers.
- Locate some of the most advanced weaponry the Ministry of Wartime Technology ever developed and wield these fearsome weapons through your travels throughout the Mojave Wasteland!
- Three unique sets of armor, each with their own special trait, await you.
- Find a way into the depths of the safehouse and discover a virtual treasure trove for those skilled enough to get to it.
- The distortions in reality have already started. Nuka-Cola has become Sparkle-Cola and Sunset Sarsaparilla has become Sunset Shimmer Sarsaparilla! And the changes aren’t limited to just the Safehouse.
- Many other items have changed as well, but you’ll have to discover the extent of the changes yourself. Who knows how far they have spread?
- Know that for every lock, there exists a key for those with keen eyes and nimble fingers.
- Custom music by Corvus Productions, made specially for Smuggler’s Run.
- A legitimate copy of Fallout: New Vegas.
- Note: While Gardens of Equestria: This Coming Storm will require “Old World Blues,” Smuggler's Run does not.
- Download through the Nexus Mod Manager and install as normal.
- Otherwise, extract the contents of GoE Smuggler’s Run into the Fallout New VegasData directory.
- Make sure to turn on Archive Invalidation. If you already have it on, use FOMM or NMM to turn it off and on again so the proper textures and meshes will work.
- Smuggler’s Run is designed to be a preview of what’s in store for you in “This Coming Storm.” It is not the full story-driven experience, which is still in development. As such you will still see some objects and meshes throughout the rest of the game that reflect the old logos and names (such as seeing the original Sunset Sarsaparilla “keg” logo and billboards in some locations).
- None to the best of our knowledge. If you come across a problem, please let us know so we can resolve the issue as quickly as possible.
- Some mods, such as Weapon Mods Expanded, may cause texture losses if the custom weapons are modded. At present, only vanilla mods are supported for the custom weaponry. (Laser Rifle, Trail Carbine, Hunting Shotgun, Anti-Material Rifle, Power Fist)
- Project Lead: Novel Idea
- Executive Producer & Technical Director: Red Kat
- Musical Director: Corvus Productions
- QA by Novel Idea & Red Kat
Art & Models Credits
- Mane 6 Power Armor Custom Weaponry originally designed by "Is This Display Name Taken?"
- Mane 6 Armor & Weapons Adapted for GoE by Novel Idea
- Mane 6 weapon modded variant textures & meshes by Novel Idea
- Ministry of Peace First Aid Kit, Applejack Daniels, Wild Pegasus Whiskey, Mint-als, Sparkle-Cola Designs, & Milk Bottle by Herpest of the Derp
- Sunset Shimmer Sarsaparilla designs (Vending Machine, Crates, Bottles & Bottlecaps) by Novel Idea.
- Sunset Shimmer Cutie Mark by MillennialDan