What is Gardens of Equestria?
- “Gardens of Equestria: This Coming Storm” is a story-driven DLC experience designed for Fallout: New Vegas. Inspired by the popular novel, Fallout: Equestria, Gardens of Equestria will combine the Equestrian Wasteland and the Mojave like never before. With an immersive storyline, over 80,000 words of recorded dialogue, custom music, new models, custom artwork, over 90 levels and an immense new worldspace to explore, it is unlike anything before attempted in the Fallout: Equestria fandom.
- Gardens of Equestria: Dances of Light and Shadow is a novel by Novel Idea that will tell the story of our heroes after the events of “This Coming Storm.” It will be released after the launch of “This Coming Storm.”
What’s the story behind Gardens of Equestria: This Coming Storm?
- It tells a unique tale of the Mojave Wasteland partially merged with Equestrian as familiar heroes from Fallout: Equestria appear in another form in our world. Something has gone terribly wrong and it’s up to you as the Courier to figure out what happened and how to stop it.
Will I be playing as a human or a pony?
- You’ll be playing as a human. While GoE will support the New Vegas Pony Anthro Mod (as well as most other mods), we are not including it as part of the package. That being said, humans aren’t the only sentient race you will encounter in your adventures. And that’s all we’re saying about that.
What do I need to play GoE?
- GoE will require a current and legitimate copy of Fallout: New Vegas. It will also require the DLC “Old World Blues.” While we recommend having the full DLC package, only “Old World Blues” is essential due to its many unique assets.
What about Fallout 4?
- After the announcement of Fallout 4 launching in early November of 2015, we’ve made several large changes to the original vision of GoE. The first and foremost being that we decided that GoE would have a completely separate experience for Fallout 4.
- While originally going to be one mod for Fallout: New Vegas, we can’t tell the story we want to with the limited time. So we’ve decided to rebrand “Gardens of Equestria” for Fallout: New Vegas as “This Coming Storm” while the Fallout 4 experience is still in early pre-production.
- While Fallout 4 is now out, much of the work we’ve done simply can’t be ported from New Vegas into Fallout 4. So we’ll be finishing “This Coming Storm” before approaching the sequel.
What about Fallout 3?
- Fallout 3 was originally released in 2008. While still an awesome game (that we highly recommend playing), there are some substantial differences between New Vegas and Fallout 3. We may release our weapons and texture packs for Fallout 3 at a later date.
Isn’t Overmare Studios already doing this?
- From our understanding, Overmare Studios started out originally as a Fallout mod project, but then decided to move to the Unity3D engine as opposed to GECK/Gamebyro engine. This gives them a huge range of options and whole new possibilities. They’re dedicated to turning Littlepip’s adventures into a full-fledged game in the true Equestrian Wasteland. GoE is about the world of Equestria invading the human world and the repercussions and origins of that event. While there are similarities, they are two separate projects.
Can I play as Littlepip?
- The core story of Gardens of Equestria revolves around the Courier, who for unique reasons, is one of the few humans that remained unaffected by the mysterious reality shift. You’ll be the one at the front of the team, Littlepip and her friends by your side.
Hey, why isn’t Littlepip wielding Little Macintosh in that trailer?
- While you can give Littlepip Little Macintosh to wield, we decided that it would be more fun for the player if they got to wield the trademark Fallout: Equestria weapons rather than leaving them solely in the hands of your companions. Still, we recommend you talk to her about it and see how she feels.
Will I really be playing with
fivefour* different companions throughout the game?
- In Fallout: Equestria, Littlepip’s group grows over time as she discovers new allies. The same happens in Gardens of Equestria. In some missions, you will fight with one or two of your companions, while in others you’ll be fighting as a cohesive team. There will even be missions where you choose who joins you and who stays behind…and those decisions can have lasting repercussions for both you and your friends.
- *Due to time constraints, we decided that Xenith will not be in “This Coming Storm,” however she will be an available companion and central character in Gardens of Equestria 2.
Can I also play GoE with other companions like Veronica, Arcade or even Willow?
- The version of the companion extender we use is set to a maximum of five companions. The GoE Companions each have their own part to play in the story with their own fully-voiced dialogue. You will be unable to undergo the story missions without certain members of the GoE team. That being said, you can adventure with any combination you wish in the New Pegasus area for quests or areas that aren’t attached to the GoE storyline. However, you will not be able to bring other companions into GoE area for both story and gameplay reasons.
What about Blackjack, Morning Glory, P-21, Puppysmiles, Murky, etc? Are they going to be in Gardens of Equestria?
- At present, we do not have plans to include anyone other than the original Fallout: Equestria characters in GoE.
When will Gardens of Equestria be released?
- When it’s done. The entire Manehattan Project team has full-time jobs and many have families and many other commitments. Some of us can spend more time than others. But in the end, to quote a well-known gaming company, “players won’t remember if a game is late, only if it’s great.”
Will GoE be compatible with [INSERT MOD HERE]?
- We plan to make this as compatible as possible with as many mods as possible, but of course, there will be limitations. Incompatibilities will be noted as the arrive.
Can I help make this game?
- Of course! We’re always on the lookout for new talent to bring into the Manehattan Project. Check out our recruitment page to see how you can make this ambitious project a reality!
-Updated 2.11.17 by Novel Idea
← Frequently Asked Questions