Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How Did You Find Out About GoE?
Getting our name out there has been no small feat. It requires a tremendous amount of effort to keep that going. (In fact, if you're interested in helping us, we're in serious need of a PR Director! Apply now at the Recruitment Center!)

So we'd like to know, how did you find out about the Manehattan Project and Gardens of Equestria? Was it Reddit? Equestria Daily? YouTube? You were bored one day and typed in random things to Google?

Share about your experiences!
Novel Idea - Founder of the Manehattan Project
Project Lead & Creative Director
EQD, they posted your message about the release of the FoE audiobook which had my name in it! the first time i made it to EQD!!!!! oh boy, that was one exciting hour... anyway, after the seemingly endless squeing spree i finally looked around for the creators of said audiobook and now here i am.
(07-23-2015, 12:08 PM)Sonic Radboom Wrote: EQD, they posted your message about the release of the FoE audiobook which had my name in it! the first time i made it to EQD!!!!! oh boy, that was one exciting hour... anyway, after the seemingly endless squeing spree i finally looked around for the creators of said audiobook and now here i am.

That's fantastic, because I actually tried to contact you several times through the MLP Audiobook comment/forums.

They were...difficult...to work with.
(07-23-2015, 01:21 PM)Novel Idea Wrote: That's fantastic, because I actually tried to contact you several times through the MLP Audiobook comment/forums.

hahaha, ya... their comment system is kinda broken and i think their forum is dead... i do however look at the comment section there from time to time so if you did leave a comment i would have eventually seen it.
I actually heard about it through a friend. I saw the opening on the recruit page for a modeler, was like "Well, what the heck, let's throw an application at there".

And now here I am. The head of the 3D Modeling Dev team.
Whoops?
I'm always pulling feathers from this keyboard... and replacing smashed keys...
(07-23-2015, 01:31 PM)Sonic Radboom Wrote:
(07-23-2015, 01:21 PM)Novel Idea Wrote: That's fantastic, because I actually tried to contact you several times through the MLP Audiobook comment/forums.

hahaha, ya... their comment system is kinda broken and i think their forum is dead... i do however look at the comment section there from time to time so if you did leave a comment i would have eventually seen it.

It's actually funny...you contacted us right after announcing the Manehattan Remaster...the only time I've posted on the MLP Audiobook forums. ^^

With EqD's new features on audiobooks, that might breathe some life back into that community.
(07-25-2015, 04:11 PM)Novel Idea Wrote: With EqD's new features on audiobooks, that might breathe some life back into that community.

nope, not as it is currently. the rules must change to include releases of projects that are not complete and not listed on their site. that way people who are actually creating the recordings of the longer more popular works will actually get earlier support.
I was browsing the Nexus for mods, and just came across Smuggler's Run. And, in the hopes that you guys were in need of VA's, posted. You know the rest.
If I remember right, I found GoE on the Fallout Equestria wiki. It couldn't have been later than May. That much I know. I found it interesting, so I started watching the site.
I actually found out about it via a thread in the Fallout: Equestria Group over on FIMFIction.net ( here ), of which I am a member.

I vaguely remember the original GoE site and forums, so I thought that it's be fun to check this one out, and get back in the swing of things with the events and members in this new, updated one.

I hope to have much fun here with all of you!
The Equestrian National Anthem:

"Equestria, the land I love 
A land of harmony 
Our flag does wave from high above 
For ponykind to see 

Equestria, a land of friends 
Where ponykind do roam 
They say true friendship never ends 
Equestria, my home!"