Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fallout 4: Radio Help?
So I've looked through the radio tutorial on nexus, but I want to know more about how to correctly set up a radio more like Diamond city or galaxy news. Particular points are how to set up semi randomness like with which songs will play while still having an intro to the specific song, and the news blips that are in these radios. Thanks for any help.
(05-07-2016, 05:55 PM)Redeye Wrote: So I've looked through the radio tutorial on nexus, but I want to know more about how to correctly set up a radio more like Diamond city or galaxy news. Particular points are how to set up semi randomness like with which songs will play while still having an intro to the specific song, and the news blips that are in these radios. Thanks for any help.

This is actually something I'll be looking into the near future for. I created one for Smuggler's Run that plays the Smuggler's Run Theme (and only that) originally as an attempt to bypass the utterly HORRID worldspace/cell music system Obsidian put in there. It didn't pan out, but I decided to keep it in there just for fun. 

From what I understand, it requires a hell of a lot of scripting magic to pull off the news bits, because you're going to need to link them to triggers/quest activators from in-game. From my own romp through the FO4 GECK, it seems pretty much the same setup as the FONV GECK, so probably getting a handle on a basic one will be a good start: https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/...o-station/.

Beyond that? My best suggestion is investigating the in-game script for the radio. Both Obsidian and Bethesda have a tendency to leave a lot of internal notes for their work in FO3 and FO:NV. I pray they kept that in place for FO4. Just share any insights you come across!

I'm really hoping the system can be imported/exported from FO:NV to FO4. I dread having to completely rebuild it for FO4 for GoE 2.
Novel Idea - Founder of the Manehattan Project
Project Lead & Creative Director
Okay, I think I'm starting to see how exactly to make a radio in Fo4, and it's similar but I don't think it's exactly the same as new vegas. I might try to make a tutorial if I find the time.
Edit: Err, I may have spoken too soon... this is a bit more complicated than I hoped... it looks like randomization requires scripting this time (judging from Radio Freedom) which is a bit annoying...